Recent Papers from the Walsh lab
| Visitor number
|| since 27 Feb 2004
Pdfs of Recent papers
- Lafontaine, D., and B. Walsh. A review of the subfamily Anobinae with the description of a new species of Baniana Walker from North and Central America (Lepidoptera, Erebidae, Anobinae). Zookeys 39: 3-11
- Lafontaine, D., B. Walsh and R. W. Holland.
A revision of the genus Bryolymnia Hampson in North America with descriptions of three new species (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae, Noctuinae, Elaphriini). Zookeys 39: 107--204.
- Lafontaine, D., C. D. Ferris and B. Walsh.
A revision of the genus Hypotrix Guenee in North America with descriptions of four new species and a new genus (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae, Noctuinae, Eriopygini).
Zookeys 39: 225--253.
- Walsh, B. and M. W. Blows. Abundant genetic variation + strong selection = multivariate genetic constraints. A geometric view of adaptation. Ann. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 40: 41--59.
- Walsh, B. Lithophane leeae (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae, Xyleninaa), a striking new species from southeastern Arizona. Zookeys 10: 11-16.
- Chen, J., and B. Walsh. Method for the mapping of a female partial-sterile locus on a molecular marker linkage map.
Theor. Appl. Genet.
- Blows, M,. and B.Walsh. Spherical Cows grazing in Flatland: Constraints to Selection and Adaptation. In Adaptation and Fitness in Animal Populations Evolutionary and Breeding Perspectives on Genetic Resource Management, J. van der Werf, H.-U. Graser, R. Frankham and C. Gondro (Eds). 2008.
- Walsh, B. Quantitative Genetics v 3.0. Where have we been and were are we going?. (Opening talk for the3rd World Congress on Quantitative Genetics, China, to be published in Genetica)
- Walsh, B.
Detection of Domestication and Adaptation genes. Euphytica 161: 1 --17.
- Walsh, B., Alan J. Redd and Michael F. Hammer.
Joint match probabilities for Y chromosomal and autosomal markers.
Forensic Science International 174: 234-238.
- Walsh, B. Escape from flatland. J. Evol. Biol. 20: 36 -38.
Hammer, G., M. Cooper, F. Tardieu, S. Welch, B. Walsh, F. van Eeuwijk, S. Chapman, and D. Podlich. Models for Navigating Biological Complexity in Breeding Improved Crop Plants. Trends in Plant Science 11 : 587-593.
Hammer, M. F., Veronica F. Chamberlain, Veronica F. Kearney, Daryn Stover, Gina Zhang, Tatiana Karafet, Bruce Walsh and Alan J. Redd.
Population structure of Y chromosome SNP haplogroups in the United States and forensic implications for constructing Y chromosome STR databases. Forensic Science International, Volume 164, Pages 45-55
- Walsh, B. The Struggle to Exploit Nonadditive Variation . Australia Journal of Agricultural Research 56: 873--881.
- B. Walsh and D. Henderson
Microarrays and beyond: What potential do current and future genomics tools have for breeders?
J. Anim Sci. 2004 82: E292-299E, pdf
- Walsh, B. Long term selection: repeatability of response in finite populations in Encyclopedia of Crop Sciences
- Population-genetic models of the fates of duplicate genes. Genetica 118: 279-294.
Population- and Quantitative-Genetic Models of Selection Limits: a chapter from Plant Breeding Reviews
Evolutionary Quantitative Genetics: a chapter from Handbook of Statistical Genetics, 2nd Ed.
- Redd, A. J., J. Roberts-Thomson, T. Karafet, M. Bamshad, L. B. Jorder, J. M. Naidu, B. Walsh, and M. F. Hammer. 2002.
Holocene paternal gene flow from the Indian subcontinent to Australia.. Current Biology 12: 673-677.
- Quantitative Genetics, Genomics, and the Future of Plant Breeding. A Chapter from Quantitative Genetics and Plant Breeding in the 21st Century, A Symposium held in March 2001 by the LSU Chapter of Sigma Xi in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (19 pages, 198 kb).
Jannink, J.-L., and J. B. Walsh. Association mapping in plant
populations. A Chapter from Quantitative Genetics and Plant Breeding in the 21st Century, A Symposium held in March 2001 by the LSU Chapter of Sigma Xi in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Walsh, B. 2001. Estimating the time to the MRCA for the Y chromosome or mtDNA for a pair of individuals, Genetics 158: 897--912
- Walsh, B. 2001. Quantitative Genetics in the Age of Genomics, in Theoretical Population Biology 59: 175--184.
- Michael Lynch, Martin O'Hely, Bruce Walsh, and Allan Force. The Probability of Preservation of a Newly Arisen Gene
Duplicate, in Genetics Vol. 159, 1789-1804.
- Walsh, B. 2001.
Quantitative Genetics, in Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
- Walsh, B. and W. Stephan. 2001.
Multigene families: Evolution, in Encyclopedia of Life Sciences