Avoid the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once, and you will suck forever.
Question Authority (the short version of the Scientific Method)
- Office phone: 520 621-1915;
Departmental FAX: 520 621-9190
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mailing address: Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Biosciences West, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721
- Office location: 322 Bio Sci. West
Other University of Arizona Affiliations:
Graduate Interdisciplinary Program in Statistics
- Joint appointment with Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Joint appointment with Plant Sciences
- Joint appointment with
Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Joint appointment with Animal Sciences
- University of Arizona
Institute for Collaborative Bioresearch (aka Bio5)
- Center for Insect Science
Graduate Interdisciplinary Program in Insect Science
Graduate Interdisciplinary Program in Genetics
Graduate Interdisciplinary Program in Applied Mathematics
Instructor for the following International Courses in 2010-13.
(full list and course notes)
- 7 to 11 June 2010. Quantitative Genetics of Selection Response, Wageningen University, Holland. Course Notes
- 23 May - 3 June, 2011. GIGA Graduate Course in Quantitative Genetics, Universite de Liege, Belgium. Course Notes
- 30 Jan - 9 Feb 2012. Evolutionary Quantitative Genetics.
University of Uppsala, Sweden. Course Notes
- June, July 2012. Mixed Models in Quantitative Genetics, EISG/Edinburgh (June), SISG Seattle (July) Course Notes
- 7 - 11 January 2013. Tucson Winter Plant Breeding Institute
- 29 June - 14 July 2013. Advanced topics in plant and animal breeding. Technical University of Munich, Germany. --- Course notes
Scientific advisory boards
- Family Tree DNA
- Associate member, Center for Integrative Genetics, Norway.
Here's my wife's (Lee's) home page
| You are NOT alone!
You are visitor number
|| since 17 October 1995
Comments are always welcome. About Nitro, your faithful server.
Quick hits: The most popular sites on this server
My humor page
useless facts --//-- why Macs rule -
We trained hard .... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized.. ...
I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralization
. Petronius Arbiter, 210 BC.
Not everything that counts can be counted,
and not everything that can be counted
counts. Sign in Einstein's office at Princeton
Best comment in response to my "What did you like least?" question in my recent class evaluations: "..he looks too healthily --- I prefer that professors have a pasty, unkempt, spent-too-much-time-in-the-lab look"
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates, 1981.
"We the willing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so few and for so little that now we are qualified to do anything with nothing". Anon.
"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk".
"We are in the business of kicking butt. And business is very, very good".
Charles Barkley .
Bruce Walsh. email@example.com .